Women's Distance Festival 06/17/13 04:41 PM
Registration for the Women's Distance Festival is open! REGISTER HERE!
All Comers Track Meet Series *NEW!* 06/12/13 10:02 AM
Thursday Night All Comers Track Meet Series put on the Howard County Striders and Bullseye Running at River Hill High starting at 5:30pm, schedule 6/20, 6/27, 7/11, 7/18, 7/25. $10 for adults and just $5 for kids 18 and under, register at the meet. Just about all the events, including field events and relays. For more information, see the Track Meet Flier.
Next Step Half/Full Marathon Training Program - 2013 06/10/13 09:27 AM
The Next Step Half/Full Marathon Training Program is 100% full! There is no waitlist.
Start Time: 6:30 PM
Summer 2013 Footprints Newsletter 06/10/13 09:26 AM
Take a look at the Spring Footprints newsletter: Footprints Newsletter. You can also see an archive of the the past newsletters. We recommend the "right-click, Save-As" method when viewing the newsletter due to the file size. Just right-click Footprints Newsletter and select "Save Link As" to download the PDF.
Next Step Zero to Weekly 05/26/13 07:52 PM
Registration for the Next Step Zero to Weekly Training Program is open!
If you’ve thought about running, but didn’t know how to start, or you’ve tried running and gave up because it was too hard, the Striders are offering a new beginning runner program! Our coaches will help you progress from not running at all to running up to 3 miles after following our 8-week program. This is a low-key, no-fuss, family-friendly program. We welcome men, women, and boys and girls aged 13 and up. First session is Monday, July 8. Sign up here!
Board Meeting Synopsis - June 2013 05/25/13 02:38 PM
Read the synopsis of the most recent Board of Directors Meeting
- 06/20/13 - Allcomer Track Meet #1
- 06/21/13 - Friday Night XC Series Race #2
- 06/25/13 - Centennial Fun Run
- 06/26/13 - 5Mi Two Person Relay
- 06/27/13 - Allcomer Track Meet #2
- 06/30/13 - Women's Distance Festival
- 07/09/13 - Centennial Fun Run
- 07/10/13 - Summer Sizzler Series #2
- 07/11/13 - Allcomer Track Meet #3
- 07/17/13 - Meet of Miles
- 07/18/13 - Allcomer Track Meet #4
- 07/19/13 - Friday Night XC Series Race #3
- 07/23/13 - Centennial Fun Run
- 07/24/13 - Summer Sizzler Series #3
- 07/25/13 - Allcomer Track Meet #5
- 07/26/13 - Friday Night XC Series Race #4
- 07/28/13 - Striders Picnic
- 08/06/13 - Centennial Fun Run
- 08/07/13 - Summer Sizzler Series #4
- 08/09/13 - Friday Night XC Series Race #5
- 08/13/13 - Centennial Partner's Relay
- 08/21/13 - Summer Sizzler Series Awards
- 09/21/13 - 37th Metric Running Festival
The Howard County Striders are an incorporated non-profit organization dedicated to promoting lifetime fitness through running, based in central Maryland.
We sponsor or support many types of activities, including high quality race events, group runs, low-key weekly races, and a robust complement of training programs for both adults and youth, from beginners on up, to support continued active lifestyles in the community.