Each year, the Howard County Striders host an Awards Banquet & Annual Membership Meeting. We will discuss official Howard County Striders business, with highlights of 2017. We will also propose our new Board of Directors for 2018, and put our budget to a vote. The highlight of the evening will be the presentation of our various Runner of the Year awards and Hall of Fame inductees.
The banquet will be held at the Slayton House in Columbia (the building next to the Wilde Lake Swim Center, at the start of the Bagel Run).
10400 Cross Fox Ln, Columbia, MD 21044
The banquet will be held on Saturday January 6, 2018 from 5:00pm to 8:30pm
Each family (or person) is asked to bring a main dish (for 4-6 people) AND a side dish or dessert to share.
To reflect the rich diversity of our running community, and continue our tradition of sharing a meal together, the Banquet will once again be a Potluck Dinner. Please be sure to bring food! Please write a card with the name of your dish, being aware to list any common allergens. If you will be bringing a warm dish and are able, please consider using a crockpot to assist with keeping food warm. We will have outlets and extension cords available for use. We ask that you bring a little extra to be certain that even the last table called up gets a nice variety of food.
As is the norm, Howard County Striders will provide plates, plastic ware, napkins and beverages. Please bring serving utensils for your dish (labeled with your last name).
Past Award Winners
- New Runner of the Year: Stephanie Briguglio
- Most Improved RoY: Caroline Bauer, Rachel Collins, Beth Hannon & Mark Landree
- Runner of the Year: Julia Roman-Duval and Eric Schuler
- Master RoY: Kelly Westlake & Jason Tripp
- Grand Master RoY: Marsha Demaree & Tunde Morakinyo
- Senior Grand Master RoY: Mick Slonaker
- Ultra RoY: Aaron Ellison
- Volunteer of Year: Sari Chapman & Guillermo Choy-Leon
- Coach of Year: Matt Bevan
- Coach of the Year: Bobby Gessler
- Most Improved Female: Noel McCracken
- Most Improved Male: Mark Eagels & Yasuo Oda
- New Runner Male: Jicheng Liu
- Runner of Year Female: Alex Wang
- Runner of Year Male: Carlos Renjifo
- Master Runner of Year Female: Linda Lou O’Connor
- Master Runner of Year Male: Martin Goode
- Grandmaster Runner of Year Female: Dorothy Beckett
- Grandmaster Runner of Year Male: Ed Wilson & Mick Slonaker
- Ultra Runner of the Year Male: Keith Levasseur
- President’s Award: Julia Roman-Duval