Read our latest edition of the Footprints Newsletter!
Please read our community notice regarding road closures during the Clyde’s 10K road race on Sunday April 15.
The Spring 2018 edition of the Footprints newsletter is out. Read it now!
Registration is now open for the Bullseye Running / Howard County Striders Spring Track program! The spring program offers both competitive and non-competitive programs.
For more information, click here
Happy new year and congratulations to all of our club members for their running achievements in 2017! The Striders held their annual potluck banquet and club meeting on January 6th. Check out the annual award winners from the banquet!
We also have a new issue of our quarterly newsletter Footprints, available to read now!
Once again this winter the Howard County Striders have arranged to have the stadium lights on during the winter! Every Wednesday night starting on November 1st, the track lights will be on at Oakland Mills High School from 6:00-7:30pm. The Striders provide the lights using part of your membership dues to provide a safer place to run and workout during the dark winter months.
The end of the year is quickly approaching, which means it will soon be time for our Annual Awards Banquet and Club Meeting! Each year at our banquet we give out awards to our members in a variety of categories. The nominations committee is now accepting nominations for this year’s awards!
Here are the rules:
- Nominations will close on December 1, 2017
- You may nominate as many times are there are categories. Please submit each nomination on a separate form.
- Nominees must be a current member of the Howard County Striders (check membership status here)
- Previous year’s winners are not eligible to win the same award for the current year (check last year’s winners here)
- You may nominate yourself for an award
- Include as much information and data to back up your nomination as possible.
- Only races between November 15, 2016 and December, 2017 will be considered for award qualification
- Hall of Fame members are eligible to win annual running awards.
- Board members are eligible for all awards, except Volunteer(s) of the Year.
- For Coach of the Year or Volunteer(s) of the Year submissions , please use the same form but make sure to fill in the person’s name and the nomination category in the comments section to tell us about why they should be receive the award.
- Annual awards for recognition of excellence in support of the club are: Jr. Striders Coach(es) of the Year, HC Striders Coach(es) of the Year and Volunteer(s) of the Year. The President may also give the President’s award(s) for material service and contribution to the club. The Howard County Striders’ Board of Directors will choose the Volunteer(s) of the Year.
We are accepting nominations for the following categories:
- M/F Runner of the Year
- M/F Master Runner of the Year (40+)
- M/F Grand-Master Runner of the Year (50+)
- M/F Senior Grand-Master Runner of the Year (60+)
- M/F Ultra Runner of the Year
- M/F New Runner of the Year
- M/F Next Step Runner of the Year
- M/F Most Improved Runner of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Coach of the Year