June 3 to August 3 (Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays)
IF YOU WANT TO REALLY TRAIN FOR THE UPCOMING CROSS COUNTRY SEASON JOIN THE SUMMER STRIDERS XC PREP PROGRAM NOW!
MISSION STATEMENT: The Summer Striders is a resource designed for high school and college age runners pursuing excellence in cross country. Coaches will tell you that XC champions and championship teams are made in the summer! Athletes will meet 3 times a week (Listed below) to complete a variety of training runs designed to help the athlete build a solid base and transition smoothly into the fall XC season. All runs and workouts will be designed based on the athlete’s current fitness level and there will be a variety of training groups for runners of differing ability levels.
Program starts Monday June 3 and ends Saturday August 3. We will encourage you to participate in as many runs each week as you can during the Summer of 2019 but feel free to join even if you can only make one run a week or a week here and there. Come when you can, we know everyone can’t make every run but please be committed to run on your own if you can’t make it so you stay in shape! If you have any questions email Coach Zack Dickerson (Zachary_Dickerson@hcpss.org)
Start Date: June 3, 2019
- Mondays – Oakland Mills HS 6:30-7:45pm (Meet in back parking lot)
- Wednesdays – Howard HS 6:30-7:45pm (Meet by Tennis courts)
- Saturdays – Wilde Lake Village Center (meet outside the Columbia swim center) 8:00-9:30am – We will partner with the Howard County Striders Bagel Run Routes which wrap around various parts of Columbia and are supported with water.
This program includes:
- Structured and coach supported training sessions three times a week (Various workouts and long runs included)
- Integration of your coach’s summer training program
- Performance education: goal setting, tactical aspects of racing, recovery techniques, and proper equipment usage.
- Free Summer Striders T-Shirt
- Gatorade / Recovery Drinks after Saturday Long Runs.
- 10% Discount at Feet First (Wilde Lake Village Center) during the summer.