Monitoring the situation
The Howard County Striders are eager to put on the 2022 Resolution Prediction Run, but are monitoring the recent surge in COVID-19 rates within the state. A final decision will be made closer to race morning on whether to hold or cancel 2022’s event.
Resolution Run Prediction Run 8K
New Year’s Day: January 1, 2022
Jeffers Hill Neighborhood Center
A prediction run is entirely different from other races that you’ve run in the past. Rather than finishing first or running the fastest, the object of a prediction run is to finish as close to a certain time as possible. In the case of the Howard County Striders prediction runs, the goal is to finish as close to 11:00am as possible. One way the Striders prediction runs differ from many other runs is that you get to start whenever you want – whoever finishes closest to 11:00am wins. Oh, and one important thing, you CANNOT use any sort of timing device. Also, no baby strollers, iPods, headphones or animals.
After the run, enjoy refreshments in the neighborhood center while we announce the awards for the top 3 closest finishers.
- Date: New Year’s Day: January 1, 2022
- Time: Start when you want. Closest finisher to 11:00am wins!
- Distance: 8K
- Start/Finish Location: Jeffers Hill Neighborhood Center
- Volunteer Signup: Click Here
RACE DAY REGISTRATION ONLY
Registration will begin at 9:00am and will close at 10:30am
All registration will be self-registration via on-site kiosks.
2022’s race is officially free for all participants. We welcome donations and the suggested amount is $5. Donations must be cash (exact change) or check (made payable to “Howard County Striders”). There will be no credit card reader on site.
- Start/finish location: Jeffers Hill Neighborhood Center
- Parking is available in the lots surrounding the neighborhood center and elementary school. Parking often overflows onto Majors Lane. Please observe all parking signage and be respectful of the surrounding community while parking on the street