Howard County Striders Training Programs
Coaching & Coordinating Info Session (March 2021)
All coaches and coordinators in the Howard County Striders training programs are volunteers who give their time to help their peers reach their running goals. We are always looking for more volunteers so we can expand our training programs to reach more club members.
Interested in learning more? Listen to our Zoom information session below on what is required of coaches and coordinators in our training programs (we will hopefully have a version with the Zoom video feeds uploaded soon!). If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to the training programs coordinator Rachel Sanborn at email@example.com.
The Next Step ®
You MUST be a current Howard County Striders member in order to participate in any of these programs. Membership renewal and new member sign up will not begin until January 1st. Join us as we resume some of our typical training programs in 2021!
- Hibernation to 5K [January – February 2021]
- 10K / 10M [March – June 2021]
- Females in Training (FIT) [April – June 2021]
- Next Step Half/Full Marathon [June – October 2021]
- Zero to Weekly [July – August 2021]
- Building to Bagel [September – November 2021]
The Howard County Striders, in partnership with Bullseye Running, provide a variety of training programs for youth runners for elementary school children through college age young adults. Note that for 2021, certain programs may have different schedules due to pandemic restrictions
- Junior Striders Spring Track [April – June 2021]
Listed below are training programs we have organized in the past. As we safely start resuming in person events in 2021, some of these training programs may return. Stay tuned!
- Junior Striders Summer Track [June – July]
- Summer Striders XC Base Training [June – August]
- Junior Striders Fall XC [September – November]
- Junior Striders Fall Track [September – November]
- Junior Striders Indoor Track [November – February]
Unstructured runs & bagels sound more your style? Check out some running groups as well! Not sure what program is right for you? Have some questions? Contact the Special Programs lead, Rachel Sanborn: firstname.lastname@example.org